HBZ31500 Apprentice S 2 1.2m BNF Basic
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Even if you’ve never flown a radio controlled (RC) airplane before, the HobbyZone® Apprentice® S 2 1.2m is designed to make learning to fly with a more “traditional” trainer easy and fun! It’s an updated version of one of our best-selling trainer aircraft – the Mini Apprentice S 1.2m – and is scaled down from the larger E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m design so it’s more affordable and more convenient to fly at large parks and sports fields in addition to typical RC flying fields. The Apprentice S 2 is equipped with Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE technology, making it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully. Beneath its durable exterior, pilots will find an efficient brushless motor along with a telemetry-capable ESC plus a Smart battery and charger (battery and charger sold separately for the BNF® Basic version). The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel and oversized tires offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings. Optional floats can also be installed for takeoffs and landings on water!
- Scaled down from one of the best platforms ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes—the E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m
- The best and most convenient traditional trainer for first-time pilots and experienced pilots who teach others to fly
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Ready for use with your compatible Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter, battery and charger
- Quick and easy assembly—no glue or special tools required
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system including a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC
- 4-channel control with four factory-installed servos for training to full aerobatic capability
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Optional floats available for flying from water (sold separately)
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone Apprentice® S 2 1.2m is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! Featuring a more “traditional” trainer design, the Apprentice S 2 is ready to help aspiring pilots get flying in almost no time at all. It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. And you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, sports and other suitable flying fields. Or, you can install the optional floats to fly from water—which adds to its versatility and capabilities!
The Apprentice S 2 is equipped with a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC that provides a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more to compatible Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters.
The BNF Basic version is for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. The powerful and efficient brushless power system including a telemetry-capable ESC, receiver and servos, are all factory-installed in the durable EPO airframe that assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools.