EFL178500 F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF Jet BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
|In stock (2)
The Lockheed Martin F-16 is one of the most popular and recognizable single-engine fighters in the world. Its amazing performance and capabilities are why the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team chooses to operate it with distinction at airshows around the globe. The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF is a scale replica that delivers incredible performance while also being easier to take off and land than other similar class models because this Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. This updated and upgraded version also includes a higher performance Spektrum motor and 85A Avian Smart Lite ESC for added speed and vertical performance, plus delivers real-time telemetry data via the AR631 receiver!
- Updated and upgraded with a higher performance power system, Smart electronics, plus optional-use thrust reversing
- The easiest to fly high-performance “full-house” F-16 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team
- 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus a turbine-like sound
- Upgraded and factory-installed 6S-compatible 3060-1900Kv brushless inrunner motor plus 85A ESC
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, capable of top speeds up to 100+ MPH
- Popular 6S 3200–4000mAh 30+C batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 85-amp Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current draw, RPM, and other data – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible transmitters
- Optional-use thrust reversing to help shorten rollout after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces
- Six fast and precise digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Plastic capped strakes for added durability to prevent damage and paint chipping
- Includes a decal sheet to apply the Thunderbird number designation of your choice
- Easy final assembly with removable wings and a magnetically-secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail, and a pilot figure
- Durable yet lightweight, composite-reinforced EPO airframe
The E-flite® F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF jet is a scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team. Like the full-scale airshow thriller, this F-16 has an incredibly wide performance envelope—from slow and stable high-alpha flight to amazing high-speed and vertical capabilities. At the core of this updated and upgraded version is a higher-performance 6S-compatible brushless motor plus an 85-amp ESC that are matched to a 12-blade fan to deliver an abundance of speed, thrust, and a turbine-like sound. Factory-installed electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts make it possible to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces, including manicured grass, while keeping ground handling smooth and delivering a realistic scale experience. The composite-reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet strong, and the digital, metal-geared servos plus ball-link equipped linkages provide precise control. And it all combines to deliver one of the easiest to fly, yet highest performance, most capable and feature-rich mid-sized F-16 models ever!
This BNF® Basic version model includes a factory-balanced and installed 12-blade 70mm fan, matched to a larger 1900Kv brushless inrunner motor, plus an 85-amp Avian Smart Lite ESC that work together to deliver an abundance of speed and thrust. With this updated and upgraded power system, the F-16 70mm now has even better vertical performance and more speed than the previous version making it capable of level flight top speeds well over 100 MPH and nearly unlimited vertical performance with 6S 3200mAh to 4000mAh batteries. It’s also equipped with a factory-installed Spektrum AR631 receiver featuring exclusive AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. When using compatible AirWare-equipped transmitters, the receiver and Smart Lite ESC supply overall battery voltage, current draw, motor RPM, and other telemetry data in real-time — with Smart and non-Smart batteries. And with a 7+ channel transmitter, you can also take advantage of the optional-use thrust reversing to shorten rollouts after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities.
This mid-sized F-16 model is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart Lite ESC provides a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data including overall battery voltage, current draw, motor RPM, and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6 to 20, iX12 to 20 and others) while you fly. Plus, optional-use motor/thrust reversing can help shorten rollout after landing and offers other special ground handling capabilities (7+ channel transmitter required for reversing).
The 12-blade 70mm fan, upgraded 1900Kv brushless inrunner motor and 85-amp ESC combine with your 6S 3200–4000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver nearly unlimited vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the amazing sound produced by the power system—it’s almost like a real turbine engine.
The steerable nose wheel and main gear feature reliable electric retract units equipped with metal components to deliver excellent ground handling. Plus, the shock-absorbing struts make it possible to operate from a variety of paved, dirt and even some manicured grass surfaces.
The lightweight yet durable EPO airframe is composite-reinforced for added strength and stiffness, which combines with the factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages to deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
The F-16's unique design offers incredible handling through a wide flight envelope and speed range. It's capable of rock-solid high-speed flight so you can perform locked-in low-level flybys and aerobatic maneuvers including giant loops, point rolls, and more. It’s also capable of slowing down to deliver smooth and stable high-alpha flight and for easier landings.
|Without Battery: 74oz (2090g), With Recommended 6S 3200mAh Battery: 93oz (2630g)
|Approximate Assembly Time
|Less than 1 hour
|AS3X, SAFE Select
|32.01" (813 mm)
|49.53" (1258 mm)
|Recommended Motor Battery
|6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5 or IC5 Connector